View Single Post
Old 2011-02-25, 09:19   Link #62
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermes Marana View Post
My main problem is how he keeps his eyelids shut on one side all the time. An eye patch I could understand, or some kind of artificial eye. But try it yourself; holding your eyelids shut on one side is horrible for any length of time.

The only justification I can think of, is if he actually does have both eyes, and he is doing this so when he finally opens both he is more powerful. If the eye is missing, it just seems stupid.
Presumably the eye is gone (or extremely damaged), and the resulting scar formed around the wound has forced the eyelid to stay shut (by growing over the eyelid and forcing the wound to grow back together in such a way that the eylid can not be opened). So, it's not like he is simply keep an eye closed, it is likely he can't open any more.

(Though, it could also be a hoax, and his eye is fine and will only be revealed during intense battles...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmill View Post
If Zoro did lose an eye, then Franky could have installed something cool there like laser gun or electric drill.
I get the lazer gun (that sounds cool), but how does a drill in your eye socket work?