View Single Post
Old 2011-02-25, 13:14   Link #68
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by potchip View Post
Manga? I'm only going to assume your view on Yozora's based on manga (which is what? start of vol2?) not the LN *checks this is the right thread*

To me, Bokutomo is first, and foremost a comedy, then a romantic comedy. On that front just about all of the funniest scenarios come from Yosora's antics. She makes me grin and marvel at her craftiness, yet at the same time her constant unfortunate failing on the romantic front is funny + cute!

And finally on a meta level, that Sena got her own spin-off already, is partly due to her popularity, but also very likely you can rule out a totally Sena-centric plot from the source.
Like Misaka from Index? She also got ruled out but no doubt makes her return as always and looks like more of a heroine than Index.

Its is based on LN. Yazora is just not likable at all. You are one of the rare exceptions that like her but generally she isnt easy to like at all. If at least she would have looks like Kirino, yet after she went to the boy-looks again she lost even that attraction point. Thats why she gets so little sympathy from the readers (or at least not enough to amke her popular to the Sena's level)
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote