View Single Post
Old 2011-02-26, 07:46   Link #1046
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
might have something to do with zero and aquarion not exactly being hits with the western online fanbase, but i've seen several people before mention he does these types of endings and the facts are yes he does.
Before I start, Magnus, a week or so ago, tried to twist my point into "Kawamori is perfect." This was not something I ever said, nor do I believe it. Of course, anybody can call Kawamori a troll or anything else they want. I can call him "the Nobel Award-winning author of The Sun Also Rises" if I want. Just because someone says it doesn't make it RIGHT.

Anyway, I'm curious where you get your information that he has the most sway on any series he works on. If you look at his filmography at ANN, he's done a hell of a lot of work. How many of these series would you call "Kawamori shows"? If nobody noticed his "troll" endings before Frontier (or, arguably, Zero...most people didn't call that a "troll," though...they just said it sucked), is it possible that you're just looking back on other series he worked on, saying, "Okay, Escaflowne had a bittersweet ending...LOL Kawamori troll u! SDF Macross? No troll ending, so yeah, not a Kawamori show. Macross 7? TOTALLY Kawamori!! Macross Plus...hmmm...I have absolutely no proof, but I bet everything good in that is because of Watanabe."

Kawamori gets unfairly maligned as doing everything bad in shows he works on, while others get praised for everything good.

But all this is done in ignorance. None of us now how the descisions are made, who exactly does what. We can guess, we can take the available evidence and try to deduce it...but most people don't do that much work. And so "Kawamori = troll" becomes an easy meme to remember, whether it's accurate or not.

I submit that it's inaccurate. This apparently pisses off some people.