View Single Post
Old 2011-03-10, 21:19   Link #172
Raiza Sunozaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
So I've watched the episode and thought I might chime in with my theory on what was Madoka's original wish and it's quite simple indeed. Think back to the first episodes, back even before QB entered the scene being chased by Homura and you'll recall that Madoka says that she wanted to be cool and sure of herself and that's what we got to see as the personality of timeline 1 Madoka.
This... this could work. If you look at the time loops as well, Whenever Madoka was a Mahou Shoujo, she was confident, even awesome at points. She even got off her self-centered sacrificial obsession and asked Homura to make she Madoka never became a Mahou Shoujo. Later on, in the last repetition and the current one, she's a cowardly wreck who's nervous and can't even put faith in herself. I'm sure it's what Urobuchi was aiming for, but she becomes the original Homura.
Then again, it could just be finally getting the power to protect people gave her the courage she needed to put faith in herself...
But it also makes you think. Her wish in the previous iteration of time could have changed, couldn't it? If you ask me, Homura looked like she was losing pretty badly even as Madoka was making her wish. And considering Mundane Madoka is obsessed with sacrificing herself for others, I wouldn't put it past her to wish for something like "I want Homura to survive this" or something similar.
Raiza Sunozaki is offline   Reply With Quote