View Single Post
Old 2011-03-13, 18:27   Link #193
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I thought Sayaka was extremely judgmental even before her descent to madness.
I think that it's extremely judgmental to view Sayaka that way.

Quote:
She antagonized Homura and blamed her for Mami's death,
Homura's actions were understandably inexplicable to Sayaka in the early going of this anime. Homura did not help Sayaka's view of her by being so cold and cryptic about everything in Timeline 5. From Sayaka's perspective, Homura was unreasonably antagonizing Madoka and Mami.

I think that a lot of the harsher critics of Sayaka are not really trying to put themselves in Sayaka's shoes. If somebody started making bizarre ominous and seemingly out of nowhere warnings to your best friend, and if that same somebody tried to kill a seemingly innocent sentient life form, and if that same someone comes across as refusing the olive branch being offered to her by Mami, then why shouldn't you view Homura in a negative light?

Homura is giving Sayaka (at least the Timeline 5 version) every reason in the world to view her in a highly negative light.

Too many viewers of this anime are getting too caught up in what we viewers know to be the case, when we fail to keep in mind that the knowledge and choices of most (if not all) of the characters do not benefit from our 3rd person outside perspective.

Quote:
and she made the first attack on Kyoko.
In my view, it was Kyoko who made the first act of aggression. If you want to just have a cordial conversation with someone, you don't try to set it up the way that Kyoko set up her first meeting with Sayaka. Kyoko's approach understandably puts Sayaka on the defensive.

Also, Kyoko took actions that would endanger innocent human lives. Actions that Sayaka had perfectly legitimate moral disagreement with.

Quote:
She does make enemies,
Superman and Batman "make enemies" too, for good reason.

Quote:
...unlike Madoka who does actually care about everyone.
Does Madoka care about everyone? I've read people criticize her for so casually dismissing a Homura that was on the ground, consumed in tears, back in Episode 8.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2011-03-13 at 18:39.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote