View Single Post
Old 2011-04-10, 20:02   Link #133
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
It's incredibly annoying to get that chip, I can say It took me more than 30 tries of square button pushings to get that in decent level EDIT: Unless you're talking about the Healing and Antibodies chips, which SaintessHeart was referring. :x
Ah, finally got the ODK boost chip currently at lv8. You're right. This one's a lifesaver. Now those beans and wads are much easier to kill.

Yep, that's the chip that I was referring. The antibody and healing are orange, right?

Quote:
Haha, this one is easier than the area later, which is pure /headdesk inducing for me. For that area, I'll say that Sniper rifle is your key, and just take them down slowly, one by one, from distance. Don't try to get close to them. When they appear, just shot their weak point with your strongest and stabile (I think there is an upgrade for that, no? ) sniper rifle, ODK, rinse and repeat.

It sounds cowardly, I know, but hey being tactical is one key to survive the difficulty
Cleared that running train part. I waited for those 2 soldiers to come first, and then when the enemies appear, I took care for the wads first since their shots hurt and they move around very much. The blue slackers are tough but at least thanks to the train layout, they're lined up so I could took them out using grenades.

And as for the area after that... I made it too although My armor was totally torn (yay for Aya's lingerie XD). As usual, I went close with my shotgun and assault rifles when I'm running low on health and waiting for reinforcements. Nobody was taken by the snatchers but some of them died

Eh? I wouldn't consider that using sniper is cowardly, it's a smart tactic after all. I don't really use sniper since I can't aim very well at the weak spots. Waiting is also problematic for me... especially for those beans. The cover will be destroyed before they reveal their weakspot.

But I know that I must learn to use snipers too since I believe my frontal way using shotgun won't last in higher difficulties

Quote:
Liberation Healing is good when you're the type that somehow can't avoid enemy's attack and need faster regeneration (not counting the cheat code lol). The problem with that is you need to activate Liberation, which in itself is a hassle to collect Lib Energy Shot is still incredibly effective though.

But really, it's up to you. Myself, I prefer cross-fire healing than that, especially with high Lv. Crossfire Link chip

In honesty, I do think Energy Shield is less than effective in Hard Mode, especially since the enemies can dish out painful damage to you (let alone Deadly Mode--it's as deadly as the name sounds, pun intended ).

Barrier, on the other hand, has chances to activate when you get hit with enemy's attack, and nullify the attack (and -I think, this is brain not working atm lol- also some time of invicibility after you activate it).

It still depend on chance, ala Pre Raise and Power Surge, but in difficulty level where one attack reduces your health by 1/4, I think it's better to have maximum of 25% chance of nullifying than less shabby defense, no?
I tested the liberation healing, and... just like what people say: it works if we enter liberation mode and don't move (no running, dodging, and shooting). Moving will result the halt of the healing and it won't heal again after that so I swapped that one with ODK boost.

I see... I also read somewhere that energy shield is barely felt. Might want to replace it with barrier later

Quote:
Yes, B-Power gives you better damage In Hard Mode, it's... Honestly not going to give good effect, that's why sticking to faster ODK (my mistake, I didn't know why I say it's "ODK chance", it's supposed to be "faster ODK" orz) is generally the key idea to go through Harder difficulty levels.
I see... Glad that my AR and Shotgun are the impact type I used power for the standard handgun since it doesn't have decent impact.

Quote:
If you're a shotgun user, then my only advice is to get Lv 18+ Restock. Unlike what some are saying, it's useful enough with rapid triangle-ing OD-ing. It's not the best, but is still a pretty neat OE chip... If you didn't run out of comrades first. Which Hard mode did very painfully. *cough* Still, it's a useful chip to save.
Yeah, my restock is still about lv.13 but I see that it activates quite frequently. To overcome the shotgun, I combined it with grenades too to conserve my ammo at least that's how I survive... for now

Quote:
With Beans (that blue thingy that shot bubbles), I think Launcher works wonder against them, aside from sniping them, when they went to a bulb Throwing grenades to them is good for ODK-ing too if you're lazy to bring them or like you said, a shotgun. I just don't want to force myself to get near them to get an ODK, too much hassle
I usually do CF first if there's an ally nearby. Then I got close, throw a grenade, shot it with shotgun, and ODK~ repeat. But that's a gamble for sure who will die first.

Currently managed to get into the 2nd checkpoint, will try to finish the episode later

Last edited by Ryonea; 2011-04-22 at 19:40.
Ryonea is offline   Reply With Quote