View Single Post
Old 2011-04-13, 02:35   Link #60
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
Quote:
Now, I'd like to recommend a good KyouSaya fic that came out today A Happy Dream. I feel that it's nicely written and I love Kyouko's character in it.
A nice AU, although for now I find it hard not to be cautious about AUs (reading Gretchen's profile seems to have done that to me ). But sigh, it seems like these two just NEED to get into a screwed up situation before they get along.

About fanfics in general, I believe PMMM will still get a fair bit. It's popular, it has several dozens hosted at fanfiction.net even before it's finished (of course, a month-long hiatus and a sea of speculations are also a factor, but still), it... it is the only way for some people to spend more time with the characters who keep going down just as you get to like them. In this light, now wonder some take Kyouko's prayer as adressed to God, but actually directed at them. After all, these two would make brilliant magical girls in any other MG universe (have them enroll in TSAB and see the results), seeing them end their lives like that just because the plot is LESS than friendly to heroes of justice does seem unfair, especially to the genre fans. Ditto with Mami. On the other hand, if you feel that it was the character's lives wasted unfairly rather than the characters themselves... it speaks in favour of the authors.

On anothe note, ZipCode's crossover pack is updated. I was rather indifferent to all the chapters save the Little Mermaid one, but this... good Lord, Mami as Kamina?!! Gotta read this to the end. Thank the author for not replacing Boota with Kyuubey, at least.
Somehow I think Sayaka or Kyouko would make a better Kamina, but... I have my guesses about the author's choice.

Last edited by Snork; 2011-04-13 at 02:54.
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote