View Single Post
Old 2011-04-16, 07:01   Link #1036
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
And for that pantsu thing, when Aria jumped off that building among other things, the pantsu was never visible which I was saying that was a good thing. It would have been '' realistic '' for it to show, but I'm glad it didn't because with useless fanservice like that this show would have been much worse.
Hmm. Interesting thought. In my opinion, there was something from that scene that was missing, and it was, surprisingly, some pantsu. But don't get me wrong, it would have made sense to show it, but not cause a rift of blatant fanservice by zooming in on it, as if Kinji had super-vision. Showing it from that faraway camera view they used would have been the sensible fanservice, and zooming in on it would be the series-ruining fanservice.

But staying zoomed out isn't my preferred type of fanservice for this series. Take for example Aria's zoomed in Bra in the storage room. I was woefully surprised because.... of the black shadow, but it made sense because that's really what Kinji was seeing, and then he went all psycho-analysis about it. It's what I call situational fanservice; which I feel fit that part of the story rather well, but was missing from Aria's free-fall because really, my original opinion of why we didn't see some pantsu?

I thought it must have saved a lot for the animating process to simply have the skirt flap in 2 frames the way it (usually) did (instead of the several it would have took to not only flap, but move upwards for that pantsu revealing intention)
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote