View Single Post
Old 2011-04-22, 00:16   Link #296
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagoshod View Post
If Madoka's "karmic weight" toward Homura is what makes her a crazy super powerful potential Magical Girl, then why did Kyubey ever give a damn about her in the original timeline, when she had zero karmic weight, before Homura even met her? That makes no sense. The entire plot revolves around Kyubey coming to Madoka because she's already the Omega Magical Girl.
I don't get why you even need to argue this point of yours. Since we never really know the exact outcome of the orginal timeline there could only be 2 logical conclusions we can draw out both aren't even senseless to begin with.

Assuming that Madoka was nothing special in timeline 1 then she would have died against the walpurgis. You ask why would Kyubey contract Madoka then? You're asking the wrong question. Why would Kyubey refuse to contract Madoka? Even if Madoka is nothing special there's no reason for Kyubey not to contract Madoka.

Assuming that Madoka was already special in timeline 1 and she was powerful enough to take down Walpurgis. This assumption should still be consistent to what we have now. I mean if this is what happened then this should be correct:

timeline 1 = Madoka kills walpurgis dies immediately
timeline 2 = Madoka kills walpurgis survives and becomes witch shortly
timeline 3 = Madoka kills walpurgis survives and was able to chat with Homura for sometime before transformation starts kicking in
timeline 4 = Madoka 1 shots walpurgis

How is that not consistent with Madoka getting stronger?

The problem here is you're assuming too much. =/
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote