Thread: Crunchyroll Nichijou
View Single Post
Old 2011-04-30, 01:38   Link #616
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

I am loving Nichijou. I feel like my long lost friend KyoAni just came back or something. After endless eight and K-On (Which I didn't like until the middle of S2), I think that KyoAni is finally making some A++ anime again. If sales are low, imo it is probably due to the OVA, that thing was dreadful. I put off watching Nichijou for a month because of that. I bet a lot of potential fans put off watching the show because of the OVA (It's very hard to earn a sub 6.50 rating on anidb.)

The best part of the show has to be the production values. The show feels downright cinematic with all of the fully orchestrated BGMs. And there's so much detail in all of the character expressions and movements! I always have to rewatch Mai's hip shake dance whenever I go through the OP . The quality of the show plus the quirkiness, is like a breath of fresh air.

I don't think it is similar to Lucky Star except that both shows don't aim to make you laugh out loud, they aim to make you chill out and enjoy yourself. Hakase and Nano have so far been a joy to watch. Akira has some talent! (I just realized Akira/Hakase's voice sounds exactly like Kud's.) I can't believe how inexperienced a lot of the VA's are, they all nailed their parts down perfectly. (Maybe that has something to do with the sales. There are a lot of shows this season with awesome VA talent that made many of those shows must watches for me.) I can't say I care much for the girl with all the firearms, those segments are boring like the OVA, doh. I for one will preorder some Nichijou merchandise!

Last edited by Ceral; 2011-04-30 at 01:49.
Ceral is offline   Reply With Quote