View Single Post
Old 2011-05-04, 19:46   Link #26
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Yes they did, but it was practically inconsequential in the bigger scheme of things. In fact, it was only explained after the whole resolution to the drama has been said and done. The spouse-matching program in Ore x Yome doesn't even get explained aside from the fact it's what allows the main characters to meet each other, while the regressing age disease/condition—while rather macguffin-ish—could at least be said to be metaphorical of the relationship issue central in the story. (As for the second Ore x Yome story, well... I didn't really bother with that one.)

With that said, I wouldn't consider a full explanation for the stigma as a direct indication of whether this story is nearing its close or not. It could still be possibly explained, but I'm not going to expect it to be a thorough one... which really might not matter anyway depending on how the story plays out.

Spoiler for raws:
Here's the other thing with the illness/macguffins, they usually are an important part to the overall theme or conflict of the work. It's very noticable for Sakuranbo but for it's there for Nijidama and Ore x Yome story 1. So while the Stigma doesn't require an explanation to complete the story, I think it needs to be somewhat there to make the theme of the story apparent. While we have had glimpses of it so far, it's not quite as concrete so far.

As for the direction of the manga currently.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Shouta; 2011-05-04 at 22:24.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote