Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Some others:
Nodame Cantabile
the Kara no Kyoukai film series
none of the Aria series
Monster
Planetes
and some others...

I also noticed that you hadn't seen series such as Code Geass, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and other similar big name projects. Did you simply leave them off you list? Or did you intentionally steer clear of them?
The only name I would say I've sort of semi-intentionally avoided is probably Code Geass - I guess it's the contrarian in me resisting it's popularity, though I know it's well-regarded as well as popular.

The rest of your list is mostly series that have been on my "to-do" list forever and I just never seem to get around to, though I confess I hadn't given the Aria projects much thought. The hard part is ordering them and deciding what to watch first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Heh, your tastes are hard to pin down judging by your list, but I'll give it a shot?

Paranoia Agent - Satoshi Kon's one and only anime series. Very strange at times, but a really great work.

Haibane Renmei - Not like Mushishi necessarily, but people who enjoy Mushishi almost always enjoy this anime too.

Nana - A story focused on older girls, around their college years (20), though they don't go to college.

Skip Beat - A very funny and endearing shoujo.
Paranoia Agent is on my list - one of 4.5 star series, in fact. Love it to death.

Looking for trends myself, I do notice that I tend to like series that have a balance of strong female and male characters, and it seems to be the case that a lot of the ones I see recommended appear to have exclusively female casts - among the major characters anyway. Not all of them of course, but that may be part of why I hadn't rushed to shows like Haibane Renmei and Nana.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote