View Single Post
Old 2011-05-07, 01:39   Link #508
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
To tell the truth, I am following a certain group that has a tendancy towards trolling, and it's not the type of show where I will pay too much attention to what is said, compared to what I can read. So I am not sure if 'future' is accurate and appropriate
Hey, me too . However, I'm pretty sure that at least the term "future" is being expressed as intended, judging from the flow of the characters' conversation. It's one of the aspects that the show itself is still exploring, so it's natural that it's still somewhat vague and ambiguous for now.

Here's some more speculation about that: perhaps the Financial District has the ability to gauge exactly how much money a person would spend on his/her "future", and then proceed to give said amount to an entrepreneur as advanced payment so that he/she gets the opportunity to earn even more for that "future". Say, for instance, that teacher dude is judged to spend $100,000 in his "future" raising one child. The FD gives him $100,000 along with the opportunity to win more, so that he can support a second or even a third child. But if he bankrupts that $100,000, his "future" of raising children is completely taken away from him.