View Single Post
Old 2011-05-23, 01:53   Link #68
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post

And yet she made such a stupid mistake with running off so impulsively
While I respect you viewpoints, I have to disagree with you here. I don't necessarily think it was a mistake, let alone a stupid one.

Remember, time is of the essence here. In such a situation, quick actions are often necessary in order to resolve problems in a beneficial way. I like how Hana-Saku Iroha portrays that realistically and sincerely in this episode. When you're struck with a desperate situation, sometimes you have to respond to it with an equally desperate reaction in order to get things to work out. It might work out messily and chaotically, but at least it will (hopefully) work out.

Tohru is a dependable cook, and as others have rightly argued on this thread, Kissuiso needs that much more desperately than it needs an inexperienced waitress. What he can bring in a customer service role takes considerable priority over what Ohana can, imo.

Quote:
I do agree that it's nice to see Minchi and Ohana's relationship as it is now and how much progress has been made between the two. Neeedless to say, Ohana is certainly making her open up gradually, though the question is if Minchi feels a little annoyed (jealous even?) that Ohana had done what she couldn't do this episode with standing up against the majorty?
Possibly. But in Minchi's case I think her concern for Tohru is very much at play here. I don't think she wants to be bothering him given the circumstances that he's in right now. So that has a bit of a halting effect on her, I think.

Quote:
As much as I loved Ohana's role in this episode, I worry about this trend of her simply giving out answers without much thinking and then end up turning out to be the right ones will continue for long.
Well, in fairness, she's not always right. Remember the episode all about making sure that Tohru didn't get a new job over at Fukuya? Ohana kind of embarrassed herself pretty badly there, imo.

So her bull headed nature is appropriately hit-and-miss, I think. Sometimes it works wonders, while other times it backfires.

Ohana is actually a bit like a shounen hero this way. It does make her a more intriguing character for me. You don't usually see shounen hero-esque traits like that in a moe female lead.

Quote:

We'll see. I personally think we will still maintain the amounts of comedy and drama as we had the previous episodes.
Do you really need to try to douse my enthusiasm like that?

I really hope that you're wrong here, frankly. I much preferred this episode to most of the previous ones.

Quote:
How hard was it to call the place?
Did they even have the phone number for the place? And even if they did call the place, how long would it take the person who answers the phone to reach Tohru himself?

Quote:
Or get someone to drive there?
Who was expendable at the time? And also willing to drive?

Quote:
Or even change her clothe?
Again, time is of the essence here. Does it really matter that much if she changes her clothes or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
Well, logically Ohana should have ordered Takako to go pick up Tohru, since she has a vehicle.
... Why would Takako do that? Takako was just "told off" by Ohana, basically, and we know from having seen Takako run off in a huff and a puff before that she's a very proud person that doesn't take well at all to this sort of thing.

If Ohana asked Takako to go after Tohru right after disagreeing totally with Takako and getting the Inn staff to go against her, I think there's a good chance Takako would have refused. Or made her helping Ohana conditional in a way that Ohana couldn't agree with it.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2011-05-23 at 02:13.