View Single Post
Old 2011-06-17, 02:31   Link #155
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagayaki View Post
This reminds me of the debates over the characters after ep. 1. People were bellyaching about the grandmother slapping Ohana. Others thought Ohana was annoying and arrogant. A few thought Minko was a jerk. And of course some thought Satsuki was irresponsible too.

That probably has something to do with the reason why I liked both episodes so much
Like I and other said earlier, there is probably going to be a reason for her behavior. Whether the reasons for dumping her daughter off to go away with her boyfriend, not call her for six months other than sending her a photo of her with her boyfriend enjoying themselves, writing a bad review of the place said daughter works in which might ends up causing the Inn to run out of business, and then not asking her to go home with her and leaving her on the street are good is the present question.

My guess? She has some inner demons back from the says at the Inn, and that scared her mentally to the point where she became uncaring to anyones happiness other than herself, except when she tries and be a decent mother by providing a roof over her daughter's head and accept the occasional pity punishment every now and then.

Now while I certainly empathize with her being a single mother and all, so her missing the Work Day at school for example can be attributed to Ohana's own vision as opposed to her own (she might have been indeed working with her daughter in mind) and can be said to not really matter much, but the other things like the running off and the bad review ... yeah.

So we'll see, but if it is inner demons, they had better have some really long twisted horns.