View Single Post
Old 2011-06-21, 04:30   Link #83
mellomarie
fullblown technicolour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post

Yukiatsu was enjoying himself. Anaru just looked various level of uncomfortable.
not how i remember it. i'm pretty sure she was smiling/laughing herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumii-chan
I agree with this.
In my opinion, Anaru loves the idea of Jintan, not Jintan himself. Its been years since they talked in the beginning of the show and both of them are completely different people. But she clings on to her memory of him when they were kids and then gets let down when he isn't the person she expected and remembered him to be. In one way, Anaru not only need to move on from Menma's death, she needs to do it for Jintan too.
basically this. not to mention her feelings are based on a childhood love. her feelings are stagnant, they haven't grown at all and hardly represent the current jintan. i don't think that warrants her being "devoted" to him and not moving on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
utter shit? how so? I don't see him mistreating her at all. Sure its cold of him to not reply back to her "confession" but he needs to sort shit out first. Saying something now while he himself is still confused is half-hearted and irresponsible.
how is he confused? what does he exactly need to sort out? i mean he just declared that he's in love with menma. it's also very obvious that he's NOT confused about his feelings for her. seeing as he loves menma, he should've had the decency to give anjo a proper reply. i think being "cold" enough to not give her a reply, especially when it's obvious that he's thought about it, is mistreating her.

Quote:
Also, rebounds are terrible, they never last and it's generally physical. The best way to move on from someone is to spend some time single and get a fresh outlook on life. Jumping on the next piece of tail in an attempt to get over a broken heart generally leads to regret and self-loathing. I'm old and been through enough relationships to know better.
not all rebounds are terrible, it depends on the person and the context. it also helps if the people are honest with each other about their motivations. not to mention a relationship can grow from a rebound to something more, especially in the case of anjo. her love is a ditch, its not going anywhere. let's also not forget that yukiatsu/anjo HAVE been single. they weren't in relationships with anybody, let alone with the people they WANTED to be with.

you're talking about conventional relationships. yukiatsu and anjo have no other choice BUT to move on. i'm not necessairly advocating them to move on together but if that's what they want then i'm all for it.