View Single Post
Old 2011-06-21, 11:49   Link #2176
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn Kamiyra View Post
A nuisance? I can't believe that Lacus would take such an abuse of her image and power and just brush it aside as though it were nothing. Given some thought, I'm certain she would've realized the consequences of such a person being under Dullindal's manipulative thumb.
But... thats what... she did. Lacus saw Meer probably for the first time in the Archangel, and all she did was... meh.

Besides, what did she say to Meer when she finally met her? You could be me if you like, but we are different persons. If Meer's existence was to initially bring the people of PLANT together, I don't think Lacus would have minded. Lacus only stepped in after it got out of hand.

Quote:
Dullindal could easily make the argument that he was trying to unite his people in the midst of the horror of Junius 7 crashing to Earth
Of course that is what he did, but Earth wouldn't see it that way. The latter could have easily made a counterargument that Dully was a lying sob, and attempted to unite PLANT under his thumbs through well, a lie. Thus, it could be a wining situation for Dully (by using Meer), but at the same time, it could be a winning situation for Earth, too.

Quote:
Lacus' saint-like nature practically begs the story to probe deeper inside of her to find some sort of darkness or pain that she's kept locked away, something to give us something to relate to.
She had those. Granted there weren't many, but when she chose to share her deeper, darker secrets, she does so with Kira, and Kira only.

The question is, how much of those does she have? Why is she required to have deep, dark secrets? One can possess sharp intuition without retaining deep, dark secrets.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2011-06-21 at 12:03.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote