View Single Post
Old 2011-06-22, 18:02   Link #58
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
I think it's OK to stop watching series as soon as they start to bore or annoy you. I guess that's one habit I've developed over the years. Most people who drop series have a three-episode test, or something like that. Personally, I just don't have the time nor interest to throw away so much time, so I ultimately go for a one-episode test. I don't think I'm mistreating a series, because I expect anime to be engaging at all times, not just in the later stages (there was an interesting discussion on this topic not long ago in the English-speaking anime blogosphere though).

I like Steins;Gate though, but I won't deny that its flavor is quite challenging for anyone who's getting to know anime anew. It's hard to explain, but for people in your position there's a very narrow strip of the anime spectrum that you'll most likely find appealing, and it lies somewhere in between anime made for the otaku and anime made for more general audiences. I don't think any of those recommendations will work for you, I'm afraid. Your best bet from this season would be something like TIGER & BUNNY... probably.

So yeah, keep looking and drop series as soon as they start to annoy you.

I can relate. There is a TON of stuff out there to sift through. So if something doesn't grab you leave it. Sometimes what happens to me is that I try something, don't like it then take some time off maybe read about it get in a different mood then come back to it. Happened to me with Zeta Gundam and Haruhi then bam two of my favorite shows, Zeta in particular.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote