View Single Post
Old 2011-06-24, 00:34   Link #994
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

I'll just dump something from the last explanation posted (i.e. the explanation posted for the last episode, which is about the title 「C」). These explanations, which are about various terms used in the show, are written by Oosaka Naoki, the vice editor-in-chief of a weekly economics magazine known as "Toyo Keizai".

=======

Quote:
「C」はお金の仕組みを学べる「お勉強」アニメではない。お金の意味について自分で考えるきっかけになって ほしいといこのう願いが込められている。試みはある程度成功したではないかと思う。

「C」is not an anime where you can study how money works. Rather, it was created in the hope that it would lead viewers to consider for themselves what 'money' means. I would like to think that it has been successful to at least some extent.
=======

Personally, I'm still not sure what to make of the ending. But the point about thinking about what 'money' means, yeah, I got that. Brings me back to an essay I wrote a few years ago about 'money' as a technology humans could not do without. But well, I think I might need to go through all the site materials properly...

------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
BTW, Masakaki confirmed Msyu to be Kimimoro's daughter in his monologue on the official site.
Or granddaughter.

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote