View Single Post
Old 2011-06-28, 08:25   Link #22962
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well apparently Bernkastel couldn't metaphorically force her way into that book as she couldn't open the book not even if she snatched the key from Ange's hands.

Since it is a metaphorical book I don't think its content must be something that Battler wrote in real life but simply the truth that lies in his memory, and he certainly couldn't eras... oh well...

Anyway what I mean to say is that the book probably represents the real events of Rokkenjima as Battler recollected them. The fact that the book was sealed closed in a coffin and warded off in my opinion is a pretty good metaphor of a memory that has been hidden.

But as the good Freud would teach us, no matter how strongly you try to bury an unwanted memory, some fragments of it are bound to emerge, especially if you start writing a lot of stuff.

So in a way inside Tohya's stories the truth of Rokkenjima was somehow hidden and could be recreated putting together the various pieces. This is what Ange probably did in the end.

I think this kind of reasoning matches pretty well with the metaphor that was narrated.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote