View Single Post
Old 2011-06-28, 17:42   Link #183
TheHaruhiIncarnate
Goddess

I would like to declare my sort of hate for Kyon Pre-Disappearance.

He complained all the time and he kept disreguarding his major responsibility for Haruhi's actions. He kept saying "It's Haruhi's fault. Let her deal with it." But how could Haruhi deal with it if she doesnt know anything?! Conplaining about Haruhi's actions. If he didn't like it, he should have done something about it instead of whining to Koizumi. At least Haruhi has the guts to go after what she wants. But Kyon does nothing. It was the reason they repeated summer that many times (in the anime, it showed really how passive he was about his situation with Haruhi and how he said, "The other me will have to deal with it.") he is also responsible for Nagato recreating the world becuase he put all the responsibility on her and thought she could handle everything. Gosh, that annoyed me the most.

Post-Disappearance was when Kyon finally (for me anyway) stared to become more likeable. I remember Kyon in Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody saying in regaurds to Mikuru's orders, "oh well, people in the future have their own way of doing things." But in the Intregues of Haruhi Suzumiya, he was mad with Mikuru (Big) of how she handled Mikuru (little) around without her reason to. He's more involved in the SOS brigades actions while still saying those awesome quips. In Disappearance he really understands the role he plays and does the best that he can after because he likes being with Haruhi and the SOS Brigade.

I REALLY love Kyon's character. Even if he is powerless, he still does his best. It was beautiful character development. Think of Kyon as Chihiro in "Spirited Away". At first, she was whiny, but by the end of the movie, she becomes a strong young girl. That is Kyon.

*end statement*

F**k Moe
Embrace Tsundere