View Single Post
Old 2011-07-04, 13:46   Link #79
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Pretty much.

The main problem I have with romance in this is that the viable guys are pretty lame, at this rate it's not about who "wins", if Ohana's getting with them in their current shape, she has everything to "lose"

Atm, I'd recommend the show not delve that deep into romance, otherwise I'm probably gonna laugh at whatever happens and feel sorry for our poor heroine.

Edit:
Basically I don't want it to end up like Mai-HiME where
Spoiler:
All the characters, but especially the men, have some way to develop in this show; Ko and Tooru have good qualities, but they largely seem to be hidden by their shyness or insensitivity. Changing their characters into convincing love interests wouldn't take so much development as some guys seem to be demanding, just a realisation.

Ko is missing out on Ohana's current development, but he's known her for a some time already (a childhood flashback would be useful here), and shouldn't take too long to see that she's changed, if he cares about her on any firm basis. As someone who like(d) her, he should know more about the emerging best side of Ohana than she does.