Thread: Crunchyroll Dog Days
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-04, 22:36   Link #2398
Frostysunset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
Its completely implied. In your example you can't just bring any trinket because if it resembles, functions, or acts in the any way similar to things that are banned, you will get in trouble for it. You can get kicked off a plane for shouting the word bomb even with no rule specifically saying you can't say that word out loud.
I mentioned meat and plants, not immediately dangerous things like weapons. Many customs lines ban out-of-country food products for fear of disease or blight, etc. even if there is nothing inherently wrong with owning the product. My point is, we have rules for transportation of goods that for whatever reasons regulate the crossing of borders, making it easy for certain things to cross and not others. The rules of Flonyard's magical system of summoning could have similar rules that make certain interstellar travel easy and others difficult.

Quote:
If they could travel to the human world, why didn't the Princess go herself? She going would have worked out a lot better than sending an animal that can't talk holding a knife in its mouth thats been stalking you all day. Although Shinku adaptability is insanely high, the proper thing would have been going herself if she really could.
Coulda, woulda, shoulda. Well, she didn't. Why? Probably because that is how summoning works.

Quote:
If they could have traveled to his world freely, than the departure and thus the final arc of this story would have been POINTLESS. If they could go see him any time they wanted, than why cry and panic over how to get him back. Hell why ask to bring friends along when they themselves will have to go through the same conditions in order to come back again if they wanted too, when you could just drop by when you wanted at there place?

You could be right about the possibility of them being able to go, but considering that also means they could get stuck in the human world due to the human world not having magical energy which is needed to fuel the magic to cast such a spell as summoning.
I never said they, the Flonyardians, could all travel via summon magic. Perhaps only the envoys -- the dog-like dogs -- can with ease with some magic-endowed object to establish a summoning portal. All I mentioned is that we were never given a rule about summon magic in general, only how it pertained to the hero. We got to see the dogs travel to the Earth, and why they can travel has not been answered. Perhaps once the writers see all the questioning they will grace us with some answers in further seasons.
Frostysunset is offline   Reply With Quote