View Single Post
Old 2011-07-20, 15:16   Link #800
etalocohc84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
So those who have completed the game, without spoilers how does this rank with other KEY games. I know the difference in obvious fantasy elements but is the story solid enough?

Overall as a whole, I would rank Rewrite above Kanon and Little Buster, but below Clannad (I have only played these games). There are many good tearjerker moments, but none that I can consider better than those in Clannad After Story. Of course, the True route is considered the best part of Rewrite and is better than many parts of Clannad. The story is solid enough with one major plot going on, but it could have been greater if Key tried harder.

I felt that romance was slightly lacking for a couple of heroines (I am talking about you Chihaya, your route practically can be called Sakuya's Route with you as just a love interest).

I will recommend Rewrite to those who liked KEY's games, but don't expect it to play exactly like Clannad or Kanon.

For those planning to play the visual novel, I propose the following order:

Kotori > Chihaya > Shizuru > Lucia > Akane > True Route

Kotori's route serves as an introduction to mysteries going on, while Chihaya's route introduces the roles of the characters. I believe the story just flows better in this order.
etalocohc84 is offline   Reply With Quote