Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-23, 03:06   Link #15042
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Cynical and yet more cynical...on both ends of the spectrum no less.

It is oddly entertaining...but then it is late here and I'm probably tired.

I can say that some of the fustration people have with Medicare is that it doesn't really cover all that much. Especially when you get really old. It covers medications and about 30-90 days of medical treatment. If you are really old, it takes a long time to heal, upwards of half a year or a year for something as simple as a bedsore and a urinaty tract infection. Then the costs go way, way up...enough to drain a lifetime of saving in just a few months.

Add to this the general view that our tax dollars at work is basically spinning its wheels and not really doing anything but fix potholes (poorly I might add), replacing half a bridge that took about five years to build in the span of 25 years, and generally seeming incompetent at every turn. At which point you generally decide that the various governments really don't deserve any of your tax dollars, and begin buying things from out of state because said states don't have sale's tax.

Also when one's degree actually does nothing effectively since there are no jobs in your field that you can find. It just gives you the basic bottom rung to work because hey, everyone needs a B.A. to do anything now.

About the only actual advantage I have is my Boy Scout rank as that seems to impress people (or it use to anyway). Eagle Scouts are suppose to be 2% of all scouts, so it is suppose to mean something.