View Single Post
Old 2011-07-25, 10:02   Link #21
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I can't help but share the same negative sentiment here: the premise of the whole episode was certainly more or less what we usually have, but the way how it was presented was definitely over the top.
Keiichi being lecherous isn't anything new (hey, we did get that shameless speech in S2 with Kameda), but it is was generally just for the kicks and nothing really that much.

Generally speaking, Rena's punishment game was alright, but Rika's and the sonozaki twins' were really not fitting the franchise (while I've seen much worse with comedies such like Sora no Otoshimono, doesn't mean it would fit here). I think the "type" of fanservice used in the first rei OVA (pool) was actually the kind that would work best here.

At least, the syndrome portion was much more bearable overall. But in a broad sense, the comedy here lacked a lot of personality and was basically a huge dose of flat nonsense, coated with an overbearing fanservice. Leaving the service aside, if it was more akin to Rei's content, it would be ignored a bit, but frankly, it didn't exactly feel like a school activity blast, but a very uninspired crack.

Overall, I can't say I was impressed by it, story wise, but more importantly, production wise. Although it is miles away from Umineko whacky and dull design/color pattern, Kira 1 was really rough in the traits (especially the hair) and arguably lack a smooth design than what was used for Kai (at least, it wasn't as shiny and awkward as Rei).
OST was also a letdown, but that's nothing new with the anime series I guess.

At least, it seems Kira 2 might be more entertaining....hopefully.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2011-07-25 at 10:49.