View Single Post
Old 2011-07-26, 04:14   Link #23388
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Because Yasu said so. It's really not worth the trouble analyzing the causality of everything because realistically speaking everything should be the exact same in every Gameboard since there's no transtemporal agent like Rika.
Almost all your posts lately have been about "there's no point thinking about it", and it's starting to be kind of irritating. I don't understand how every Gameboard should be the same if we take the interpretation that they're stories. Of course there's only one truth inside the catbox, but the stories about it can differ. But you're partly right about the causality, as Yasu can indeed just say that Battler took a nap. That doesn't mean there can't be an intent behind it.

Renall, you're right about how removing Kanon and changing some things could make Umineko better. Someone should make an Umineko Director's Cut removing the "zero of the roulette".
I think the zero thing was also a hint towards Kanon's illusionary nature. I do like Jessica's character too, but she does become kind of pointless if there's no Kanon going around. It could be said that Natsuhi never got a child after all... More torment to Natsuhi!?
It would be interesting. We would need new characters to fill in some twilights, at least one more so Nanjo's murder scenario could work. Because only 4 people are supposed to be alive after 8th twilight. Removing Kanon and Jessica would make the number two people, so new characters are necessary unless the ending scenes were changed too. We might potentially lose Rosa Musou if Battler doesn't die before 9th twilight in EP2.

I wouldn't want to lose Jessica or Kanon though, so maybe the "additional scenes" approach would be good. More Kanon to EP7 and 8.

I'd want some clarification to how the Forgery Author Test works. So I write my current answer to each question and grade it to "answers". Are these answers given in the games or is there some kind of answer page to this test as well? Because aren't the interpretations of answers given in the game the current answers I have? So against what am I supposed to grade them? Or is it some kind of theory evolution thing where I write my current one and when I think of a new one put it under the previous one and see which one is more probable, potentially combining some elements of them?
Bluemail is offline   Reply With Quote