View Single Post
Old 2011-08-11, 19:08   Link #23731
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haguruma View Post
I would even argue that within the stories Shannon and Kanon are always two seperate beings. I'd say that because for me Umineko can be divided into those "worlds".
This is basically the Fictional Shkanon theory. I think it makes the most sense, but I don't think it's provable. Or disprovable. Or much of anything really.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Well for one thing Battler doesn't have a reliable viewpoint in that episode.
So when did "lacks a reliable viewpoint" = "nothing seen can be trusted" again? Hell, in End itself we have Natsuhi who appears to be reliable even though her viewpoint is absolutely not something people would call reliable or sensible or whatever you want to call it.

It's possible his unreliable viewpoint - well, let's call it not-verifiably-reliable because there's no evidence it ought to be treated as unreliable in this case - means something before him (such as Shannon and Kanon together in one place) was mispresented by the author. Sure, we can believe that.

But... what if not? Kealym's point, that Shkanon could be false in End beause the author got it wrong, is not entirely implausible, is it? If it's (incorrectly) false in End, you're basically being told "this isn't why it's happening" while being shown precisely the opposite. Kinda like when you're shown Erika "proving" Natsuhi is the culprit having been told flat-out that she isn't.

It's an interesting thought at least.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote