Thread: Licensed Kamisama Dolls
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-23, 09:13   Link #501
Rei.K

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Well I had mentioned earlier that the animation staff are probably having fun with Hibino, the fact that the manga-ka made her size so big makes it animation fodder, especially when the budget doesn't spend so much time animating them, which I believe is why her size seems to change so much because we don't see them bounce, they've been static for a large part of this series :heh
I think it would have been a bad idea to go as far as having them bounce, actually ... the sheer size of the things already kills the character a little to me. I mean, she has the bust size of a character from a fanservice based show, like Queen's Blade or Qwaser. It looks so out of place. Don't get me wrong, I like the bewbs as much as the next guy, but only when it's on topic, or when it serves a purpose design wise. Take Shizuka from HOTD for instance. Not only the show is heavily ecchi, but she's meant to be a joke character, so having those bouncing around actually reinforces that feeling.
Hibino has the same size while trying to be a serious character, but they are so big it's hard to take her seriously.

Oh well, thanks to KilluaX90 I was proved wrong thinking the anime was actually adding irrelevant stuff, so it seems they are just being faithful to what the author did. I still think he could have made Hibino a big chested character without having them being such unrealistically big.
Rei.K is offline   Reply With Quote