View Single Post
Old 2011-08-31, 03:40   Link #86
Doria

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxyz View Post
this time around, even the brief phrase uttered by Mayuri's seyuu near the end of the episode was played out great (previously, her performance wasn't exceptionally outstanding, but in some specific episode - possibly because of the script, and not her fault)

I think I've already said it, but... Okabe's seyuu had probably the role of his life, or -anyway - one of the most challenging the current state of this industry is able to offer (very easy to overpower Okabe's behaviour...).
Absolutely agree about Okabe's seiyuu. Very difficult role overall, and he handles both the comedy and the drama equally well. When Kurisu asks him to close his eyes, just his little laugh as he asks, "Why?" really got me. So nice to see the honest, vulnerable man, no longer hiding behind his Hououin persona.

And for bonus points, when I looked up his other roles, many were quite, quite different. I can hear the vocal similarities now that I know, but I wouldn't have guessed otherwise.

Though I think she's perfect in this part, I cannot honestly say the same for Hanazawa as Mayuri. That said, I agree that her little speech to Okabe at the end was lovely. The Mayuri ending is the sole character ending I was almost sorry not to have animated (plus that chapter's title was my favorite from the VN).

Speaking of audio, the music was perfectly arranged and timed. It's been a sparse OST, generally speaking, but when they've had full BGM, it's really stood out. This episode is the pinnacle of those efforts, I think.