View Single Post
Old 2011-09-08, 13:56   Link #316
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I'm not too worried about the director being the same as Dragonauts... my fav anime of the last 8 years in Bacanno! didn't exactly have a steller staff working on it.. but they had great source material and adapted it in an intriguing manner by doing 3 plotlines/4 novels @ once... and now look @ them.
Design-wise, Bacanno looks a heckuva lot better than Horizon. Besides, I have faith that the production staff can pull through!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
A lot went wrong, not only did Kurokami fail as an adaption, more importantly it failed as a stand alone show itself. It's always hard to make an adaption of an ongoing manga but they made a poor fist of this.
I'm more curious as to why all of that went wrong, executive meddling or something. It's a huge misstep from Kobayashi Tsuneo - Emma was a work of love with incredible attention to detail (something that Ikoku can learn from!), and Kurokami wasn't even in the same ballpark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Baka-tsuki's not willing to translate the novels as of this moment.
With the skills I have, we're going to encounter several "historical figures". There's people from the time of Oda Nobunaga, Pope Innocentius X, King Philip II of Spain, King Rudolf II of the Holy Roman Empire, Queen Elizabeth I of England, King Louis XIV of France, etc., etc.
Haha. This keeps getting better and better! Now we just need a moustache-twirling Richeleu!