View Single Post
Old 2011-09-11, 13:51   Link #2126
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It could possibly be an OVA that might come out before the tv series, an Episode 0 so to say. The Megahobby figure website's listing mentioning Winter is interesting though... obviously if this is a TV series it won't be airing in the same slot as R2 since Gundam AGE will have it.. bur wouldn't it air in that late night powerhouse timeslot MBS have? Which is where Geass 1 aired as well as other massive hits like Macross Frontier and Madoka... I think Shana 3 will have that slot from Oct-March...

You know.. people are obviously going to talk about shows they've actually watched... so of course the more popular ones like SEED, Geass, Hime, 00 etc will get mentioned. The average anime viewer would have a far greater chance of watching those shows as opposed to Planetes, Scryed, Infinite Ryvuis and Crest/Banner of the Stars.

It's the equivalent of people who call shounen battle manga/anime crap because Naruto and Bleach are the biggest names in the Western world. It doesn't matter how good Hunter X Hunter and Kekkaishi are when most people haven't seen them in the first place. As for their past history it's kinda meaningless when talking about how they've done recently.. the Sunrise of the 1980's isn't in charge now.. heck most of the top staff of Sunrise from the 90's is @ Bones now anyway.. but regardless what's the point of brining up past glories when what matters is who is working on it now.
Cause it helps build perspective? Going by what your saying it sounds like we should never reference the past ever. Feel free to stick to that along with this bizarre tendency to follow me around the board and be butthurt about what I'm saying wherever you go, but don't expect me to unless you can provide better reasons to go with your way of doing things.

Like seriously I don't even understand why you are arguing this point from such an opposite perspective other than to simply be combatative for the sake of being combatative. If what you're trying to imply is that what matters is what they are working now than that's all the more reason not to care about what I said in my post. In fact I kind of tend to agree that each project should be viewed with a somewhat independent perspective from past ones, but I also think it helps to keep the past in mind going forward and to apply it where appropriate. If you can't understand that point of view that's fine by me, but please at least do the courtesy of allowing me to have it.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2011-09-11 at 15:11.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote