View Single Post
Old 2011-09-24, 06:42   Link #44
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
How, exactly, was he being a callous jerk? Do tell.
Slick_rick pretty much covered it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
After the ride she took him on the last few episodes, that was the least she could have done for him.
But that's the thing: He saw it as a negative, not as the "least she could have done for him". Him seeing it as a negative, and even verbally attacking her over it, showed a startling lack of empathy and basic understanding on Sho's part. I don't know if even Kanba would have been as harsh towards Ringo as what Sho was in that scene.

Quote:
I suppose he could have been nicer about it, but frankly, she had it coming.
She perhaps deserved some sort of "bad karma effects" for the way she's been treating Sho through much of the anime thus far, but this was worst possible way for it to come about, imo.

When a person with a tendency to mistreat others does something caring and considerate of others for a change, it's likely counterproductive to attack the person for "doing something caring/considerate" in order to punish them for "the tendency to mistreat others". That just sends at best a very mixed message, or at worst a horrible message period.

Quote:
Well, if it wasn't such a cartoonishly silly scene to begin with it would be worth pointing out how wrong that seems.
Since it was cartoonishly silly, I don't think that Sho actually had all those physical attacks done to him.

In reality, I think he probably took one slap across the face, and that much, frankly, he'd probably get in real life if he talked to most girls like he talked to Ringo there. Spoonroo is right there, I think.

Don't get me wrong - This doesn't change how I perceive Sho - Just that this was an unusually bad moment for him. If something equivalent to it never happens again, I'll honestly consider it an OoC moment.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2011-09-24 at 07:20.