View Single Post
Old 2004-11-28, 07:11   Link #4
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midas888

1. What's the premiere Naruto fansite? Take into consideration the fan community at the site.
Use Yahoo! to find these sites. The 'premiere' site should be one of the first ones the search engine finds.
Quote:
2. Fan fiction and Naruto. I know fan fiction is huge for shows like Star Trek (with slash and all that) but what about Naruto? Any good sites/authors you'd recommend? How serious does the fanfic get (does it get "adult" along the lines of slash)? Who are the usual writers of Naruto fanfic?
FanFiction.Net

Slash is a very big part of Naruto fanfiction. What do you expect when in the first episode of the series, you see the main characters accidentally kiss? I think I can honestly say that it comprises at least half of the Naruto fanfics on FanFiction.net. The seriousness of the fic depends on the author really. I dont read slash fics, but judging by their summaries, most of them were written with only one thing in mind: m/m love; usually there is no solid plot, just a series of events pasted together to get the characters a chance to get it on, so to speak.

Most of the serious fics tend to stay within the bounds of the Narutoverse, and those are usually the ones that are the most interesting, at least in my mind.

Some stories Id recommend are:
Bloodlines by The SOC Puppet
Future Legends by Jeremy
The Frog and the Princess by syaoran

Quote:
3. Thoughts on Naruto's prominence at conventions? I haven't been to conventions since AX2001, but I get the feeling from cosplay pics that Naruto is big for cosplayers nowadays.
I tend to stay away from other people, unless their part of the group of women I will speak about in Question #4

Quote:
These are more general questions about anime, but I'm going to pose them to y'all.
4. How many women watch anime, specifically Naruto? I've attached a poll to this thread, so please vote if you can (the other option is a serious option for transgender/intersex/other identifications. I've clumped them all into one category to make it easier for me, sorry).
Im very intimate with a lot of women, some of whom are bisexual, and we enjoy eachothers' company almost daily. Unfortunately, I dont have the time to ask them whether they are fans of anime because of all the hot sex.

Quote:
5. Do you feel there is a stigma against anime fanboys and fangirls in the United States? How about in Japan? Why is there this stigma?
I tend to stay away from other people, unless their part of the group of women I spoke about in Question #4

Quote:
6. Jenkins writes in his essay "Star Trek Rerun, Reread, Rewritten" that "'Fandom' is a vehicle for maginalized subcultual groups (women, the young, gays, etc.) to pry open space for their cultural concerns within dominant representations." Do you agree/disagree, and how?
I tend to stay away from other people, unless their part of the group of women I spoke about in Question #4

Quote:
Thanks again for reading this! Again, answer as much or as little as you'd like. If you want to flame anything I wrote, please do it to me via PM and don't make this thread a hostile environment for others. I'll post choice parts of my paper to this thread when I'm done as a thank you.
You're Welcome.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote