View Single Post
Old 2011-10-04, 08:25   Link #24823
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
To be honest, I've always thought that was done on purpose.
The people in the mansion were made to focus solely on the keys, so that - along with the tenseness of the situation - they probably wouldn't even think about the other door in the boiler room. It'd also be consistent with the idea of big risk. There's also the possibility there were 1 or 2 accomplices in the adults' group who tried to keep their mind off the other door.
They're trying to figure out this baffling event chain. It'd be real hard to believe that of all the parents Krauss doesn't think "hey, you know what, that room where we found dad has another door." He lives there, he probably knows what doors are in his own house.

The major issue with the second door is that it creates an opportunity for an alternative solution to the closed room chain that, if Ryukishi didn't remember the door thing, was not intended by the author. This is a rather considerable mistake. You don't generally want to provide the audience with a potential solution that you did not intend. Especially one that appears to break your clever trick wide open in a way you didn't mean for it to be broken.

The problem with accomplices is that the only opportunity to recruit them is before the family conference, and that means assuming that the conference will last until 6am or so. How exactly do you control this? Tell your accomplices to stall? What if the non-accomplices get too tired and decide to sleep before continuing in the morning? What if nobody notices the smell or sees one of the locked doors before heading to bed? The group just seems too cohesive to guide like that.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote