Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Chihayafuru
View Single Post
Old 2011-10-05, 16:12   Link #75
Sol Falling

On dreams. I think it might be irresponsible to assert that everybody should have a hope and personal ambition, or that people will always be able to achieve that by working hard. I do agree that a dream is something personal, however, and if someone manages to find one that there is value in the act of chasing after the dream itself. What drew me into this anime based on the description was the idea of Chihaya discovering a dream, and experiencing all the joy and difficulties that such a realization eventually brings. A proper dream should bring you closer to a full appreciation of life. It is also something that distances you from the wider context of society, however, as has in some small ways already been shown in this very episode. As a reflection of these complexities, I am very much looking forward to how Chihaya and Arata will relate on the matter of dreams in particular, as after some number of years I don't expect Arata's perspective on dreams to have stayed entirely constant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
And a lot of children bully. Why does Taichi's actions have to be exclusively about one thing alone?
Hmm, I suppose what I meant by that is that I don't really feel that children are such emotionally complex creatures. They will do things for simple reasons, because they are still learning the relations of actions and consequences. And my own reading of Taichi's priorities/interests saw him as being heavily focused on himself being at the center of Chihaya's attentions. The juvenile strategy of 'teasing the girl you like' practically by definition places the achievement of the boy's aims (getting her attention) over what the girl might ideally wish for, after all. To be honest, if Chihaya being bullied was really such a concern to Taichi, I think that Taichi himself befriending Arata along with her would have probably eliminated the occurrence of any further bullying at all.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote