Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Chihayafuru
View Single Post
Old 2011-10-12, 12:15   Link #129
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Yes, Kaioshin, one almost forgets what real characters are like. And these seem real. Taichi may be the most real: you see him being a dick, then you see his mother (and by inference his father) and realize why he might have drifted in that direction. But he began to redeem himself a bit by actually owning up to it to Arata. It seems very true to life, however, that he would not want Chihaya to know. I'm with Guardian Enzo in my attitude toward him: "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

But the thing that pleased me most about this episode was Seto Asami's voice acting. The freshness and urgency were wonderful. She is the only one of the three leads who does her voice at both ages. Taichi is done by Mamoru Miyano older and Takagaki Ayahi as a child. Arata by Hosoya Yoshimasa and Terasaki Yuka.

Seto-san never went to a seiyuu training school, but got into the Sigma Seven agency via audition last year. She was Takatsuki in Hourou Musuko, Amelita in Dog Days, and played Yukiatsu as a child in Ano Hana. She apparently auditioned for Hunter x Hunter, and the producers didn't like her for that but gave her a chance for this role. She turned 18 in April. Here are three photos:

The mangaka, Suetsugu Yuki, said that she found episode one twice as enjoyable as the manga, and Seto-san excellent. She just was Chihaya. There was nothing off about her at all, including her Fukui accent.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2011-10-12 at 13:27.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote