View Single Post
Old 2011-10-22, 21:45   Link #170
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Ringo's emotional state at the time would simply make Yuri's actions more questionable, not less.

Do you really think that a person in a heavily drugged state of mind can truly consent to having sex with someone? And if she's not truly consenting to it, then what is it if not "real" rape?

If you think that a person in a heavily drugged state of mind can truly consent to having sex with someone, then I have to very strongly disagree with you. Ringo wasn't truly accepting this sexual encounter at all, just hinting at the fact that she might be open to consensual sex under certain (and different) circumstances.
I myself have never experienced completely losing control of my mind or body due to mind-altering substances, so perhaps I am underexposed. I am generally under the impression that even if drugged, however, a person who is still self-aware (i.e. "I don't quite feel right/normal") should be able to try to resist its influences. Whether any person is able to actually "resist" a drug is not quite the point--simply an attempt to defy the effects it has on one's mind/body is my measure of the consent of a situation.

If a person is aware enough to still know that they are having sex (with all it's implications/associations, that is--pregnancy, social/emotional/inter-relational significance, etc.), then I think they are capable of giving (or refusing) consent. If all they can think of is "that feels nice" or "there's something moving in and out of my vagina", then I agree that consent is not possible and the instigator would be perpetrating rape. Beyond that, if there is any element of resisting the effect of the drug at all, then I would agree that it would be rape. However, in this case, Ringo showed that she was still capable of even coherently communicating and assigning blame. That's why I can't think of the situation as if Ringo was being completely forced, or as if she had completely lost control of her mind and body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjfarmer View Post
Thank you! This would definitely count as rape, assuming anything ever happened. Yuri brought Ringo to a hotel, drugged her, tied her up, and was ready to have sex with her. Thats rape. If you don't think that's rape, somethings a little wrong

Ringo drugged Tabuki and was all over him, and everybody here called it rape. Why is this case any different?
Actually, I myself never really got all up in arms over what Ringo did to Tabuki. In fact, even with regards to that case, actually, as I remember Ringo's plan was only to disguise herself and in fact disorient Tabuki enough to mistake her for Yuri and fuck her willingly. While this might in fact constitute rape in any other relationship, given the superficiality of Tabuki and Yuri's relationship, thinking back I could even be tempted to question whether Tabuki would have "lost" anything.