View Single Post
Old 2004-12-04, 21:57   Link #129
Dez
Speshul

Send a message via AIM to Dez
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
My question is, could he have repelled Hinata's attack just by releasing a small amount of chakra from those particular area of his body when Neji-niisan let Hinata touch him in that special way? (absolutely digging your wording) We already know gentle fist can inflict injury and repel attacks by releasing chakra from the palm of their hands. I haven't seen any of the old episodes in a long time, so I have forgotten quite conveniently if anything about that was mentioned in that episode.
If memory serves(it usually doesn't) when the Neji/Hinata fight happened, the ability to release chakra from places other than the hands and feet had not been introduced. The first mention of the kaiten was around twenty chapters later just before the third round finals when Neji mastered it while practicing with Tenten, and the principles behind the move weren't explained until he used it in the fight against Naruto. If Kishimoto had intended for Neji to have used some kind of chakra barrier in that match he probably would have explained it then. Or at least have had Hinata or another character wonder why her attacks did less damage than expected.

I stand by my belief that Hinata-sama just plain doesn't have the touch.
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote