View Single Post
Old 2011-11-12, 16:12   Link #24
Fate_Archer
I'm blind not dead

Nice episode. Initially I felt like Kiritsugu's outburst was a little out of place too, but then again, one thing that this show is conveying pretty well (unlike the F/SN previous anime) is how much the Holy Grail is serious business to everyone involved. So it might have some realism for a guy who keeps a lot of his emotions within himself to have a rather extreme outburst when one least expects.

I found myself wondering now wether I just keep following the animation or if I should pick up the light novels, I fear I might be missing some interesting tidbits and thought processes, as some people are mentioning.

Some highlights of this episode to me were:

Kayneath invading the Eizbern castle looking for the guy who went all the way to demolish the building he was in... the way Kayneath was keeping his composure and declaring a duel make it clear he was looking for some poetic vengeance against his perpetrator.

Lancer coming to the rescuce. It's thanks to guys like him that chivalry is not dead.

Kiritsugu finally displaying some of his skills as a magi. I immediately started thinking if he didn't have some Pandora's stigma in his crest when the first thing he did was using accell.

And at some point a very cool BGM started to play when Saber was facing Caster in the woods.
Hopefully there will be more uplifting moments with great BGMs. If they can come remotely close to replicate what I feel when listening to Emiya, I will be quite happy. You know something epic happens when that song goes on.

Anyway, great stuff overall, lots of CG scenes in this chapter, like Kayneath's summon/magic whatever it is, but they were nicely done and generally fit the mood of the scenes, so I have no greater problems with that. Other than that probably a few censored scenes as well, like last episode. Good for BD sales I guess.

Hopefully we will get to see a flashback with Jeanne in the next few episodes. Really curious to see her animated.