View Single Post
Old 2011-11-24, 02:11   Link #36
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
"Has anime really changed at all?"

Looks the same to me

EDIT: Anime has always been junk. The same proportion of junk shows back then would probably equal the same proportion of junk shows nowadays.
One is meant for kids and accidentally caters to doujinshi artists. The other breaks the middleman of the children's crowd and went straight for otaku appeal

This is what I felt I was ignorant about during my high school years is the fact I didn't noticed my behavior was leaning towards watching otaku oriented anime. The type that gives you that you are being "creepy" watching anime with cute underage girls being sexualized in almost every moment.

Anime has changed for the worse in the western world, as the former big 3/jump fans stop watching anime it will be increasingly difficult to introduce new anime to new kids who gets the horrible misconception all anime now is creepy stuff that is barely legal.