View Single Post
Old 2011-11-25, 14:41   Link #88
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by al103 View Post
Only to make Rein Hayate used part of her own linker core.
Yeah. The grafted part that Reinforce Ein left behind. Not part of her OWN core.

Besides, Naruto has two such grafts in the form of his mother and father's souls. So maybe the TSAB could turn both of them into Unison Devices, or make two Unison Devices based on what's left behind in Naruto's soul when they pass on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Hurricane View Post
Speaking about Naruto and Nanoha crossovers, does kekkei genkai included in the Rare Skill ability?
You mean, "Would they be roughly the same thing?"

Yes, they would. Any power or ability which cannot be learned, but only inherited genetically, would be classified as a Rare Ability or Bloodline Limit (Kekkai Genkai).

Quote:
Nana Mizuki is well known of voicing Shrinking Violet Yamato Nadeshiko characters.
Neither character is a Yamato Nadeshiko. An ideal YN would not cringe, flinch, stutter or exhibit any sign of fear. YN's are supposed to be pillars of quiet strength.

A Shrinking Violet can grow into a Yamato Nadeshiko, but she isn't one yet.

In any case, I am also reading Die Sterne at the moment. I don't yet have an opinion on it, but I have one more chapter to go.

I'd be willing to give a chance to other such crossovers that link together characters by personality and voice-actor.

For example, Saber from Fate/Stay Night and Gwendolyn from the Vanillaware videogame, Odin Sphere. Though there doesn't seem to be much of a point to that, considering how their stories go.

Quote:
Page claim for good Nanoha/Negima crossovers that make sense... Why, why, WHY there aren't any?
I dunno. Especially when, cosmetic issues with elemental magic aside, the two series are extremely compatible.

Much more so than Macross, Warhammer, or Halo.

The Nanohaverse just isn't going to mesh well with settings involving giant mecha, since mages already fill the role of mecha. A gundam looks pretty silly next to a ten-year-old girl that works just as well.

And what's Master Chief supposed to do when ten-year-olds appear like Superman to solve all of his problems?

The best sort of crossovers DO NOT render the protagonists of one side pointless.

That's why, if you have a Metal Gear / Transformers crossover, you have to feature Solid Snake fighting the miniature transformers in tactical espionage action, and keep encounters with the regular giant Transformers limited to climax moments, as if they were Metal Gear.

Sticking Snake in the middile of a heavy metal deathmatch between Optimus Prime and Megatron would be bad writing.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote