View Single Post
Old 2004-12-09, 07:06   Link #420
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
I'm not sure what you mean by this, so you think it's a good thing that people are densensitized to violence? then maybe it's also a good thing for people to be desensitized to sex?
Yes, I think it would be ideal for society to become completely desensitized to sex. If indeed people weren't affected by it, then I would whole-hearted not give a damn about loli. But as it is right now, society lets sex have a certain power over them and that sexual taboo turns impressionable youths that wouldn't otherwise be into future pedophiles.

Quote:
And I don't see any point in your argument about people being desensitized to violence if you think it's a good thing. Then what it has to do with the current discussion?
Society has not been desensitized to ALL violence. Certain acts of violence are just as taboo as sex. And until those taboos are demolished in entertainment, I'll deem them equally inapropriate in material marketed to younger audiences.

Quote:
And a rational person imitates an act of violence? A rational person will never imitate an act of violence. Those who imitate an act of violence means they are irrational. I'd say the idea of a rational people imitating an act of violence is contradictory in itself.
Yea, if you say it like that, my wording doesn't make sence. ^_^;;

But i guess what i'm trying to say is that it would be less likely for a rational person to become irrational if others didn't react to it. I think the best way to describe it is with the fire analogy how a normally rational person reacts in an irrational way because of the paniked crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany
But then this would affect real people while loli isn't affecting real people as long as the viewer isn't insane.
To younger minds still seeking moral guidiance, it isn't insane to be swayed easily by popular culture.