Thread: Licensed Akb0048
View Single Post
Old 2011-12-04, 11:31   Link #9
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
I saw the premise, and I was like, 'Okay, so it's AKB48 cashing in on the anime market. It won't be anything special...'

Then I saw Shoji Kawamori, and I was like, 'wuuuuuut?!'

Then someone pointed my attention to Mari Okada, and I was like, 'Oh what the...'

Now I have to follow this, if only to see just what the fuck they're up to with this one.

EDIT: Then again, if anyone in Japan knows how to say Listen To My Song and make people respond with YAKK DECULTURE, it would be Kawamori, if he can get Yoko Kanno on this one. So that well might be an inspired choice, but eh.
Listen to My Song isn't even initially from Macross Frontier. Learn your Macross lore son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
@Kaioshin
lol how hyperbolical are you
Idolm@ster the animation share same premise as this one n being one of finest show this year, even the moe critical like it.

I don't have much hope for this one can achieve what Im@s get though, n like I'm saying in other thread, the chara design is very bleh to me. Let hope at least the sakuga n concert is orgasmic, this is Satelight top front anime afterall.
Hey man, you watch one of your favorite old time creators consistently go down the path into an over saturated market you are completely and utterly against as a solution to TV anime's woes and see how well you come out of it. He's clearly capable of better than what he's been doing lately, but seems content to just go with cash cow type solutions these days and looks like he's given up on being a pure creator much like the majority of TV anime directors, writers and concept designers seem to have. I'm not even objecting to moe stuff, I don't know why people even think it's always about that topic. I don't even mind moe stuff when it's not the dominant draw for a series, I'm personally more against outright pandering and boring premises with little to no potential beyond a certain audience and this looks like the very definition of that. This sort of show that Japan is currently obsessed with isn't going to help grow anime, it's just another patch to try and stop the bleeding and increasing lack of relevance it has overseas these days cause nobody can seem to make something that will appeal to Western audiences outside of movies and OVA's. Tiger and Bunny is like the only show that came out this year that I think has a good chance of landing itself on North American TV or in the public consciousness at some point.

Power to the people that love this sort of thing and can get consistently excited over cute girls doing cute things and well animated concert scenes no matter how much anime relies on these two factors of late, but I'm heading right back to OVA's and Movies as my sole consumption of anime if Akb0048 ends up being a defining example of what I have to look forward to from TV anime over the next year or two. That said, this season right now...still pretty good overall.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2011-12-04 at 11:45.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote