View Single Post
Old 2011-12-13, 16:48   Link #269
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
I will point again that Gil alone didn't suffer form a rebellion when he was alive. his country wasn't torn apart by civil war after his death. Sumeria last quite a bit longer then either Arturia's Welsh Britannia or Alex's Hellenistic Empire.
I should point out though that the times they existed in were different.

For Alexander he's a conquering King so having him around during peaceful times is not ideal. The majority of his life was about fighting and conquering and exploring. If his men didn't stop him he would've been fighting the Chinese and if he didn't died he'd also be fighting the Nubian kingdom as well. Even after Caesar finished dealing with Pompey he was already planning to invade Parthia in the east and this was after he fought for nearly a dozen years in France (Gaul).

King Arthur on the other hand ruled during a tough time where it wasn't all about conquering but defending and maintaining a kingdom so she had a ton of internal politics to deal with. Unfortunately as we saw while she was a just king she was distant and cold which alienated her retinue and helped brought her downfall.

Though I am annoyed that Gilgamesh stayed quiet most of the time. I mean this guy ruled for what? 126 years? That's a hell lot longer than either Saber or Rider so they shouldn't even be bickering LOL
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote