View Single Post
Old 2011-12-23, 11:14   Link #60
Kirarakim

Another thing I liked about the ending is if you notice Himari looks to be wearing a school uniform at the end. So it seems Kan & Sho gave back her life both literally & Figuratively. She has school, parents, and a close friend in Ringo. I was sad to see the house is no longer the bright colors the brothers painted it, but it doesn't look drab either.

Thinking about the Kan & Sho thing more, I think the ending was the only way I could accept Kanba's redemption. I am still not sure if the terrorism themes were really done justice in the story. But I like that Kanba is saved literally by an act of kindness he did in the past.

Kanba shared the apple with Shouma & then Shouma was able to give it back to Kanba, enabling them both to save Himari. Shouma was also able to stop Ringo from sacrificing herself which I loved. Everything does feel full circle in this regard.

And while it's sad the brothers are forgotten, no one ended up alone. That I really could not have taken.

Also I love how there is so much to digest in this series. I didn't even put 2 & 2 together about why No. 2 is always eating until Thereminvox's comment, but yes it all comes back to the apple, wow!