View Single Post
Old 2011-12-29, 22:07   Link #959
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Isn't a matter of how or when but luck... . He gets some suffering before dying tough.
Does he? He seems perfectly fine with his deaths in UBW and Fate... Specially in UBW.

As for luck, Archer and true Assassin have E ranked luck too. As does Rider when she's under Sakura.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Berserker and Caster are always built up to be antagonists. Lancer, however, is ultimately a good guy who gets nothing good.
...Lancer kills Shirou in the very prologue. How come he's built up to be a 'good guy' from the get go? He's the very first antagonist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
To an extent, both Berserker and Caster also do what they want to do. Berserker dies under Ilya's command, and Caster dies trying to find a way to prolong her stay with Souichirou.

Lancer doesn't really get to do what he wants. In Fate and UBW, he gets betrayed by his own Master.
Kotomine's not his real Master, he dies sticking it to the Man who killed his true Master (his demise in his route in Fate/UC is pretty peaceful and doing what he wanted, by the way. He just disappears after avenging Bazett just as he wanted to do), both in Fate and UBW. In particular the later where he got to finally kill him. So yeah, while I like the running gag, I don't think it has any FSN basis for it (just the same about everyone, really. Their lives sucked, specially Archer's)? It's from Take Moon, that's all.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2011-12-29 at 22:18.
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote