View Single Post
Old 2012-01-02, 16:57   Link #256
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
@Awakened
No one ignored the fact Cassandra was #1. The problem is, from the looks of it she doesn't look like a #1. As for you saying that she could kill any existing Claymore in a one on one fight, we don't know that. Roxanne wasn't resurrected without reason, she was supposed to be one of the most powerful #1s ever and was put in a same league as Hysteria and Cassy. And in the first place, if you would read previous posts carefully you would see that the fight suggests Cassandra didn't deserve to be considered a #1, let alone the strongest #1. Seriously, how did you miss all the arguments that were shown in previous 20 posts? As for you saying that she could solo ABs without getting hit, that's not exactly huge accomplishment for a number 1 unless they were single digits at least. Miata could kill ABs with her bare hands and made Agatha sweat. Miria also was a Claymore that not many ABs could hit even before the time-skip. And Irene was in that category even more so.

WTF? So because her skills put limitations on her we should estimate her power without taking those limitations into account? Or did I miss something here? Cassandra without her dust-eater technique (DE in short for convenience) wasn't even as strong as #4 in Cassandra's generation according to Roxanne and it looked to me she was spot on seeing how she struggled without DE against numbers 3, 5 and 9 from a very weak generation. But the thing is, against this crowd she used her ultimate technique. She went all out, there were no limitations. So it's nothing like Miria going through HQ without using her mirage. What Cassy did was going trough the warriors as fast as she could focusing on offense and ignoring defense. If we were to take Miria as a corresponding example she would do the same but in her case she would go through them in a blink of an eye not giving them any opportunity to strike back. Ignoring defense would be irrelevant in her case since she would be so fast. So if Cassandra couldn't do as much don't act surprised that some of us think she seems weak in that scene.
And in the first place, DE is an overestimated technique for various reasons. Firstly, it limits the range and the angles the attacker can use, secondly the attacker is even more vulnerable to his opponent than vice versa since he's laying on the ground and has limited manoeuvrability. While Cassy can manoeuver in 2D only, her opponent has one dimension more (he can jump for example, not to mention that for example he can more easily step back than Cassy). Thirdly, the attacker needs quite a lot of time to use this technique (that could explain how come Roxanne managed to step away before Cassy even got to her and how come other Claymores managed to surround her). The main advantage of it is that opponents usually don't expect an attack like that but since Roxanne saw it earlier that doesn't apply to her. The second big advantage of Cassy was that she was physically stronger and faster than most Claymores (hence disadvantages of DE weren't as visible and a second of surprise was usually all she needed to quickly take care of her opponent).

And please, read the rest of our arguments (or at least my previous post).

So? According to her she didn't lose any speed so if it happened, it happened at the end (otherwise it would be impossible for her to reach Roxanne and not lose speed). And Roxanne used a HILT and ended it with one move. That in itself is a handicap. Being defeated by a hilt, especially against technique Cassy used is humiliating. But the most important thing in this is: she was too weak prevent this. One could say she was too stupid but because of the last sentence in this post (the one in spoiler tags) I seriously doubt it.

Firstly, I think you've missed Korinov's argument that Roxanne could disappear from Cassandra in a blink of an eye while other Claymores managed to surround her in a blink of an eye. She didn't hide at the back of the group as you say, at least not at first. It's Cassie's fault that she wasn't quick enough to attack Roxanne before she was out of her reach. Secondly, why do sth the hard way if you can do it the easy way? She could have killed Cassy without breaking a sweat, only a fool wouldn't do the same. Also, do you think Mike Tyson/Vitali Klitschko/Lennox Lewis/Evander Holyfield is weak because he hires bodyguards? Or that he wouldn't be able to KO 90% of men in the world? Because I don't.
I like it how you make excuses for Roxanne hiding at the back. Maybe she accidental planed Cassandra's death by getting as many Claymores involved as possible.

chp 119 page 26

"I lost my right arm, I lost my left arm, I lost my left leg, had one eye gouged out" "and yet I drew near to Roxanne without losing speed".

It must have been rely hard for Roxanne to kill someone with nor arms, one eye and one leg.