View Single Post
Old 2004-12-14, 17:17   Link #269
sgogeta4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
I think Athrun just has completely lost any ability to distinguish real and fake Lacus(es) after what happened back in SEED, when his fiancee goes from a lovely naive princess and idol, to someone who can infiltrate military facilities and steal a Gundam, to someone who can stare at people's head exploding right in front of her without a blink, to the leader of a renegade military group and great strategist and battle tactician, then to a kind and loving motherly figure cooking dinners... I can't blame him, that must have left a pretty huge emotion trauma, and after going through all this, how can you be sure Lacus will not suddenly decide to go to PLANT and change her make-up for some incomprehensible reason?

As for Haros, since she can modify the Haro herself to make it into a high-tech lock-pick device that can unlock confinement doors in the enemy's newest battleship, I guess modifying it to speak english is just a piece of cake

well, if he's fighting Kira with his custom MS, he'll easily trash Kira and Gundam SEED will end at ep1

it's because Buster and Duel are way obsolette now, and they get Zakus which are leagues better than the first gen GAT-X spec-wise.
That's BS, Buster and Duel might be old but they have PHASE SHIFT, I mean look at Destiny first few eps with Athrun fighting in a Zaku. He was wrecked by that single blast from the new Gundam (his shield was pretty useless). Phase shift technology is still not standard issue, so it still is better than the standard MS. Plus they can always modify their Gundam, ie Duel had an upgraded suit in the end of SEED until it was destroyed by the guy with the scythe, but that can be remade. Freedom Gundam is still the best though, it's the only one with a nuclear reactor (ie. unlimited power), cuz even Shin's MS runs outta power, so his phase shift is gone and his suit is just as good as any normal MS. Though I don't think we'll see Freedom until something major happens to Orb, b/c he knew the war was coming and did not want to pick a side (EA vs ZAFT), but if Orb were attacked, he would bring out the gundam to defend his home country.

Oh and about the mobile armors vs MS vs gundams, I think the most important factor is the pilot, I mean if Athrun is a good pilot, he can kick ass in a gundam or a MS. Same with Neo, he's just a good pilot. Doubt its Mwu since if his helmet is floating in space... how the f*** can he breathe without it? Like even if he did miraculously survive the blast (even though we see the cockpit start to disintegrate)... I doubt he's alive.
sgogeta4 is offline   Reply With Quote