View Single Post
Old 2012-01-10, 23:13   Link #5247
Key Board
Carbon

http://nk-ds.org/2010/07/my-summary-...-nanoha-vivid/

"In contrast with the approach of total conversion of magic power into physical energy adopted by the CW line of AEC equipment, the fifth generation devices are designed with the concept of utilization of magical energy to create magic effects even in situations of magic cancellation. They also exhibit a higher degree of magical performance in situations of no magic interference.

Therefore, in situations of magic cancellation, the fifth generation devices can create nonfatal attacks such as shocks and stuns without relying on direct output of magical energy. Under perfect conditions, even stronger effects can be achieved.

Currently these devices are extremely difficult to handle, however. Except with users capable of highly sophisticated magic control, or in possession of “inborn magic conversion potential” such as electricity and fire, the devices show the problems of unstable operational output, high degree of energy loss, as well as insufficiency for prolonged usage."

Laevetein getting a 5th gen upgrade in the same manner as Bardiche is hinted at

I think Signum and Erio are covered... eventually... (when they get the darn technology working xd)

I'm more curious about Nanoha and the others who don't have elemental conversion. They'll have to internally develop a different 5th gen for her otherwise they'll have to constantly rely on Strike Canons. And I don't think that's a sound strategy.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote